Monday, December 24, 2007

Bonnes fêtes


Our Christmas menu:

Thrush terrine, from the one and only Franck Cerutti

Poularde with celery stuffing and winter fruits
Potato and celery root purée
Brussels sprouts and chestnuts - because it wouldn't be Christmas without Brussels sprouts
Carrots braised with spices

Christmas pudding with homemade vanilla ice cream

Les 13 desserts - my own interpretation of this Provençal tradition, with fresh, dried and candied fruits, nuts and Quality Street chocolates (la petite touche anglaise)

Bonnes fêtes à tous
!

Guest artist: Sam, age 5

6 comments:

Pille said...

Häid pühi, Rosa!!

Nora B. said...

Merry Christmas, Rosa. I hope that you and your family will have a wonderful day and also best wishes for 2008.

x Nora

Susan said...

Merry Christmas, Rosa. Your feast is likely waning, while mine is just gearing up. Celery root and Brussels sprouts are favorites. Hope your meal was lovely.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to all of you, and Happy Boxing Day, too!
We had delicious Christmas pudding, made by me - a first attempt, and not bad! Roisin

Rosa said...

Thanks Pille, Nora and Susan! Our meal went off without a hitch and I hope yours did too!

Roisin, I really don't understand why Christmas pudding is so maligned. Maybe it's because most people eat store-bought ones nowadays.

I loved the one I made (Nigel Slater's recipe, slightly adapted), though after having fried pudding leftovers today I'm feeling I can wait another year for more!

Anonymous said...

mmm... fried pudding.... not something I had heard of until this year, but sounds worth it (for a once-a-year treat...)