Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What chefs are really thinking

Ever wondered whether the chef at that quaint little French bistro has selected his "fresh" ingredients at the frozen food chain Picard? If yesterday's roast chicken has become today's chicken curry? If the price of the day's special is indecipherable on purpose? This video will confirm your worst fears about dining in France.
I like to think there are not too many chefs as cynical as this one, but there is no denying the grain of truth.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Three bottles of wine later, and that patron won't even remember his meal, never mind discerning the quality. Rosa, this was a hoot. I always suspected today's lunch "specials" were last night's leftovers. I don't think it's a practice unique to bistros, either. : {

Warda said...

I won't go to any restaurant after seeing this charming man who gives freshness a whole new meaning. I am sure he is not the only one who does that. Especially with the leftovers. I can't stop laughing. I have to go watch it again.

Rosa said...

Susan, I thought it was pretty hilarious too, if alarming. I feel as if I have eaten in that very restaurant so many times!

Rose, I'll be choosing my next restaurant very carefully!